I am a follower of Christ, wife to the most wonderful husband, and mother to 3 beautiful children. I struggle like many to find balance in my life with all of the demands pulling me in so many directions but strive hard to do my best eveyrday. Though I at times let life get in the way my daily goal is to chase hard after Christ in all I do, love my husband as Christ has called me too, and raise my children in a home where Christ is evident always. I have moments on mountian tops and moments in the valley, but through it all I strive see Christ in the midst. I don't always succeed and find myself on my knees at times asking for forgiveness for allowing the distractions of life get in the way and am so thankful for a God who forgives me everytime and loves me messiness and all. May I exalt him in all I do and teach my children the same. This journey of life is filled with more joy than I ever could ask for along with trials that I often didn't see coming, through it all may I rejoice and always remember I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Welcome to my world

After reading the beautiful and honest words of my sister in law and dear friend on her blog today I thought it might be time I had a place to write down the many things that go on in my heart and life. If you are looking for sweet stories about the calm life we lead you have come to the wrong place. Our life though wonderful is often messy and hectic, but filled with more joy than I could ever ask for. Here I will share the many joys but also struggles I experience as I journey down this road. Being a mom is all I have ever dreamed about. When kids in high school were dreaming about there career I was dreaming about the husband and children I hoped would be my life someday. As I headed off to college I prayed daily that God would send me the man of my dreams but it wasn't until I transferred to Wright State the summer after my sophomore year that I met that man. Attending a Campus Crusade meeting in Oct of 2004 a boy with long blond hair came up an introduced himself and his friend to me. Two weeks later we were on our first date and 6 months later we were engaged. People say when you know you know and I definitely knew he was the one. We were married in the summer and I was so anxious to start the family I had always wanted. Ron asked that we wait a year, he wanted me to finish school and knew that a baby would serve as a huge distraction, and I knowing he was right agreed. We enjoyed our first year together traveling and getting to know each other more. Then in August shortly after our 1st anniversary I found out i was pregnant and in April of 07 we welcomed our beautiful daughter Bekah. She was followed 19mos later by her brother John and he was followed 17 months later by Josiah. Which brings us to now our wonderfully hectic family of 5 with 3 kids 3 and under. Though all I ever wanted was to be a mom no one can prepare you for what being a mom really entails. There is no guidebook that explains the joy you will feel when you see your child achieve a milestone for the first time or the heartache you will feel when you have to discipline them for the first time. No one tells you how tiring those first few months really are or how much more you heart will grow when you add another child to your family. There are no directions on how to heal your child's tears, no way to explain the joy you will feel when you here you child singing worship to God or asking to hear another bible story. When you first find out your expecting all you can picture is this sweet bundle of joy that will come peacefully into your life and fit perfectly into the mold you have made for them. Then the day comes and from the moment your delivery does not go as planned you realize nothing about children in planned. It is hard work that will bend and mold you in ways you never knew possible and in the same day will bring you more joy than you feel you heart can contain. This is the journey I have chosen and though there are days that I feel we live in the valley, I remember the mountain tops and am filled with all the joy that my family brings to my life messiness and all. I pray to the Lord daily that I will walk by him as he molds me into the wife and mother he wants me to be. Welcome to my world...may my joys bring you smiles and my struggles help you remember we all have those days.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I'm so excited to begin to read along and share in your journey. Look forward to bookmarking you on my blog right after I finish this comment. Love ya, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete